The Ultimate Beginners Guide To Social Media Marketing – Step By Step
“Social media marketing is the process of creating content that is tailored to the context of each individual social media platform, in order to drive user engagement and sharing” By Neil Patel
Social media is not just an activity; it is an investment of valuable time and resources. Surround yourself with people who not just support you and stay with you, but inform your thinking about ways to WOW your online presence.SEAN GARDNER
Social media platforms became an integral part of almost everybody’s live, whether personal or professional, it connects us together.Though many are there but the popular social media networks like Facebook Google plus and linked in offers an extraordinary marketing opportunity for dental professionals who are ready to promote their independent practices online on a global reach.
Dentists can boost their social media networking by posting and sharing most unique, topic relevant and useful information for their readers like any informative blog post sharing, patient testimonials, ebook links, useful web links, quotes, and lot more. Interesting images and videos can also be shared on your social media account to gain more readers.
SOCAL MEDIA MARKETING BENEFITS
Social media is one of the most cost-efficient digital marketing methods used to syndicate content and increase your business’ visibility. Implementing a social media strategy will greatly increase your brand recognition since you will be engaging with a broad audience of consumers.
WHY USE SOCIAL MEDIA FOR MARKETING
1 .BUILD RELATIONSHIPS –social media is not about just blasting out your business ads on social accounts, as social media marketing is all about engagement and caring about our customers or patients. It helps to build good relationships with people creating trust among us.
- BRAND AWARENESS – Social media allows us to share valuable informative contents related to your field, across social networks keeping your readers informed about whom you are and what you are offering to them which can help in spreading and building BRAND awareness.
- GEO-TARGETING is an effective way to send your message out to a specific audience based on their location. Social networks like Facebook and Twitter have tools that allow you to communicate the right kind of content to your audience
4. WIDER REACH TO TARGET AUDIENCE – Social networks offer dentists the potential to reach out to the widest possible number of new patients at the lowest marketing cost per patient. Compared to any other form of advertising and marketing, social networking is the one that requires the least amount of time, effort, and money, and has the potential to achieve the highest results.
5 . INCREASE WEBSITE TRAFFIC AND IMPROVE SEO RANKING – Social media helps us to increase our website traffic helping it to rank higher in search engines results, improving its SEO( search engine optimization).
6 . STUDY YOUR COMPETITORS – You can keep an eye on your competitors by using various social media monitoring tools, which provides key information about your competitors helping you to stay ahead always. These things allow you to create a unique marketing strategy. There are many free social media monitoring tools online you can use for this, like hootsuite.com
7 . IMPROVE BRAND LOYALTY– social media are best for building your loyal customer base, along with customer satisfaction improving your brand loyalty. It’s important to regularly engage with your readers and develop a bond with them.
8 . COST EFFECTIVE MARKETING – social media is the most cost-effective marketing tool online, as creating a social media profiles are free on all social networking platforms. Though they also offer paid advertising options to further enhance your marketing strategy with a greater return on investments.
9 . SOCIAL ADS FEATURE – Social ads are the somehow the affordable way to promote your services to your targeted audience i.e. the right message to right people at right time.
10 . STUDY MARKETPLACE – Being up-to-date with latest trends in the marketplace is crucial to our practice marketing. We can use social media as a complementary research tool that helps us to gain information about our industry. By studying the marketplace insights we can actually read and know the needs of our readers, for which they are exploring online.
HOW TO KICKSTART YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING –
1 . Go slow- choose one or two platforms to start with – You can start by choosing to choose most popular social media platforms to Facebook and twitter
2 . Setup your social profile carefully in a professional way, by including the basic information about your business. Social media profile page act as a landing page for your brand helping to get higher rankings in search engines.
3 . Set up your logo as your gravatar, so that readers will correlate your business with your profile picture.
4 . Be positive for things, negative impression loses
5 . Be active on your social networks by regularly posting informative and unique social posts engaging readers.
6 . Contents can be a blog post, video, images etc.
7 . Avoid sharing too many of your business ads as a post on the social network, it should be something useful for readers.
8 . Avoid sharing too much personal information.
9 . Respond to comments, mentions, and feedback even if they’re negative. You want to turn that negative into a positive!
10 .Always follow rule of 80/20, which says that first entertain and engage your readers that is important , selling things should be secondary
11. Use best content curating tools online for fresh new quality contents to share on social networks that will provide value to your readers. You can create a posting schedule in a calendar.
12 .Make a list of activities you planned for each day and work accordingly.
13. Join more groups and communities related to your field and be active thereby participating in their conversations and posting and replying to comments.
14. Avoide posting to others facebook business page forcing them to like your page.
15. Use second person when talking about your brand.
16. Set up a process for organizing and aggregating quality contentthat provides value to your audience. Add the content to your editorial calendar and you can share it when you’re ready.
17. Join some content curation sites which offer you very fresh contents to share on your social networking sites. So you will never run out of ideas of posting new & relevant contents on a daily basis.
18. Use some popular social media tools to manage and schedule your postings, their free plan allows you to operate 2 or 3 social media accounts, and I think its good for beginners.
19. Set you routine, be consistent to follow your to do it for managing your social media marketing.
20. Incorporate social media into your daily routine, polishing your skills.
21. Choose two primary goals and two secondary goals to focus on. Having too many goals distracts you and you’ll end up achieving none.
22. You can determine your objectives with the S-M-A-R-T approach:Make your objectives specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound.
23. There are three main components to anysuccessful social media content strategy: type of content, time of posting and frequency of posting.
24. Posting frequency is as important as the content you share. You don’t want to annoy your fans or followers, do you?
25. Finding the perfect frequencyis crucial because it could mean more engagement for your content or more unlikes and unfollows. Use Facebook Insights to see when your fans are online and engaging with your content.
10 SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING LAWS – BUILDS A STRONG FOUNDATION
Susan Gunelius at entrepreneur.com has beautifully explained the importance of following some basic laws of social media marketing which can help in building a strong foundation of your business BRAND and reputation also.
1. The Law of Listening
We should focus more on listening to our readers rather than only talking, it’s the key to success in social media marketing. Participate in discussions, try to reply comments.
2. The Law of Focus
Social media strategy should be highly focused like related to your field. Don’t just post about anything that doesn’t connect readers to your business.
3. The Law of Quality
Always focus on quality than quantity, posting quality contents though not frequently, is important than posting irrelevant contents so many times in day
4. The Law of Patience
Building any brand successfully needs lots of patience and dedication.
5. The Law of Compounding
If you publish amazing, quality content and work to build your online audience of quality followers, they’ll share it with their own audiences on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, their own blogs and more.
This sharing and discussing of your content open new entry points for search engines like Google to find it in keyword searches. Those entry points could grow to hundreds or thousands of more potential ways for people to find you online.
6. The Law of Influence
Spend time finding the online influencers in your market who have quality audiences and are likely to be interested in your products, services, and business. Connect with those people and work to build relationships with them.
7. The Law of Value
We should focus more on creating value for your BRAND, by creating amazing contents for your readers and not just about the products & services you offer.
8. The Law of Acknowledgment
Always acknowledge every person who reaches out to you.- building good relationships is the key to successful social media marketing.
9. The Law of Accessibility – Creating and posting contents on social media is not enough, you have to be there for your readers, to answer their queries, guide them. You can’t just remain disappear.
10. The Law of Reciprocity
Reciprocity is a social rule that says people should repay, in kind, what another person has provided for them; that is, people give back (reciprocate) the kind of treatment they have received from another.
You can’t expect others to share your content and talk about you if you don’t do the same for them. So, a portion of the time you spend on social media should be focused on sharing and talking about content published by others.
HOW TO MAINTAIN CONSISTENCY IN YOUR WORK
– Consistency is the key
– Incorporate social media into your daily routine. Block out the time on your calendar, turn off all distractions anddedicate time to managing your social media accounts. Do this in one or two different time slots every day.
– In your first month or two,expect to spend a minimum of 15-30 minutes a day on social activities. You can increase the time as you see fit.
– Make a list of TO-DO-THINGS (on paper)
– Set up a process for organizing and aggregating quality contentthat provides value to your audience. Add the content to your editorial calendar and you can share it when you’re ready.
What Are The Best Times & Days to Post to Social Media?
its a very important point to focus on, as it will positively affects your social media marketing success .It requires months of testing.
You have to make an effort to post at different times each day for each social media account, while tediously recording your results.
There are tools out there that make this process easier, but it still requires a conscious effort to scatter your posting times around the
clock.by Sean Work
BEST TIME TO POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA
STUDY THE INFOGRAPHIC BELOW
WHAT WE LEARNED :
- Social media is a distribution channel
- Go slow
- Start with one or two channels first
- Set up your profile
- Set your target audience
- Post valuable contents regularly
- Connect with your readers
- Reply to readers comments
- Study other facebook pages of your field
- Share testimonials
- Ask for feedbacks from patients
- Build authority
- Focus on highlighting your skills
- Create your brand story
- Direct connections build trust and relationships
- They will value you as an expert in field
- Focus on Customer satisfaction and brand loyalty
Social media are a great way to become a leader and expert in your field and build you a reputation among all social networks boosting your BRAND PRACTICE.
So go ahead, kick start your practice and give it a boost
To further enhance your knowledge in social media marketing you can download here a free e-book by Kim Stiglitz